TNReady Testing Begins Soon
TNReady testing is around the corner. Students in Metro Schools (grades 3rd and 4th at PPE) will take TNReady from April 16-May 4. TNReady is the statewide assessment in English language arts, math, science and social studies for students in grades 3-8 and high school.
Here are some important facts to know about TNReady:
- Students will spend less time taking TNReady tests this year.
- Students in grades 3-8 will take the test on paper. Middle school students in high school End of Course subjects will test online.
- TNReady results will give us better data on your child’s academic performance and help us to better support your child in school.
How can you support your child?
- Talk with them. Now is a great time to ask your children about what makes them feel confident and what makes them feel anxious about testing.
- Know when to ask for help. Talk to your child’s teacher, counselor or principal about testing supports to help your child understand and access the test.
- The TNReady test gives students a variety of ways to show what they know and can do. Ask them about ways they feel confident in demonstrating what they have learned.
Metro Schools has posted several resources for parents to learn more about TNReady and how they can help their children prepare for the test. For more information, visit http://www.mnps.org/tests-and-assessments.
Please join us at City Winery for our 2018 Spring Auction fundraiser on Friday, April 27th from 6:30-10:00 pm. This awesome event is only two weeks away so get your tickets and sitter now!
Your partners in education,
Melinda Williams and Mark Mason