Ask your second grader:
• What is a contraction? Where does the apostrophe go in a contraction? What two words make up the contraction don’t?
• How do you make a singular noun possessive? Can you give an example of a possessive noun?
• What are character traits? What are some character traits that describe Jessie in the book, When Jessie Came Across the Sea? What are some character traits that describe you?
• What is a compound word? Can you list five compound words?
• What is regrouping? How do you add 67+24?
• The Book Fair is next week, November 13-17.
• Grandparents Lunch for second grade is Friday, November 17. It will be during our normal lunch time (10:35-11:05). Please return the form sent home last week in order for the café to plan appropriately. The Book Fair will be open for students to shop with their grandparents after lunch.
• Progress reports will be distributed on Wednesday, November 15.
• ELA: adjectives, base words with endings –s and –es, story elements, compare and contrast, glossary and dictionary skills
• Math: place value, number sense, addition and subtraction (with regrouping)
• Science: space
• Social Studies: American Symbols
Have a wonderful weekend!
The 2nd Grade Team