Ask your second grader:
• To retell the important parts (beginning, middle, and end) of the story, Henry and Mudge.
• What part of a sentence is the subject? What part is the predicate?
• What will happen during the solar eclipse? What is the path of totality?
• What is your favorite thing about second grade so far?
• No school August 21st. Happy National Eclipse Day! Eclipse glasses as well as safety instructions will be sent home in the Friday folder.
• Please remember to pay your supply fee online. The web address is: osp.osmsinc.com/Nashville
• ELA: Beginning, Middle, End; subjects and predicates; sequence of events; infer/predict; short vowels /a/ & /i/; narrative writing
• Math: Place value, number sense
• Science: The Eclipse/Changes
• Social Studies: Social Studies Weekly
Have a wonderful weekend!
The 2nd Grade Team