Ask your 2nd grader:
• What is the effect of not studying for your spelling test? What is the cause if the effect is you are cold outside?
• Name one word using each of the following prefixes: re-, un-,over-, pre-, mis-
• What are some qualities of a good citizen?
• What are come rights and responsibilities of a citizen?
• Which coins could you use to make 53 cents?
As we embark on the last 9 week period, we ask for your continued support in helping your child meet his/her goals, whether they be raising reading goals, meeting AR goals, or becoming more efficient in addition and subtraction facts.
Our next field trip will be April 25th and all parents are welcome! We will be visiting Gentry Farms. Be on the lookout for more info coming soon!
Report cards will go home April 3rd.
We hope to see you at the annual PPE Auction. Make sure to bid on our teacher outing…we have a great time!
-Reading/ELA: words with au, aw, al, o, a; punctuation, text and graphic features, cause and effect, irregular action words, context clues
-Science/Social Studies: Tennessee, Butterflies