Ask your second grader:
• What is a prefix? What does the prefix pre- mean?
• What are some text features you might see in an informational text? What is the purpose of each?
• What is a collective noun? Give an example.
• What is the sum of 23+63?
• Fall Break is October 6-20.
• Our first field trip is Friday, October 27th. We will see Mr. Popper’s Penguins at the Nashville Children’s Theatre. Look for the field trip permission slip in the Friday folder. Please pay the field trip fee online as soon as possible (information for payment is on the permission slip).
-Each 2nd grade class will need two chaperones. Please email your child’s teacher by 3:00 on October 16th if you would like to volunteer as a chaperone. Because we are limited to two chaperones per class, teachers will draw names from a hat if there are more than two volunteers. You will be notified by your child’s teacher if your name is drawn. The cost for chaperones is $8 in advance (submit to teacher) or $20 at the door. Siblings cannot attend. Parent chaperones will meet us at the theatre at 11:45.
• Report cards will be sent home on Monday, October 23rd.
• ELA: main idea, author’s purpose, context clues, collective nouns, phonics: double consonants and ck
• Math: place value, number sense, addition and subtraction (without regrouping)
• Science: space
• Social Studies: Tennessee
Have a wonderful Fall Break!
The 2nd Grade Team