Ask your first grader. . .
- to name 3 verbs (action words/things s/he can do).
- to name 3 short a words that are part of the -at, -am, and -ap families (ex. chat, jam, map)
- to retell the story of My Name Is Sangoel. Have your child tell you the settings of the story.
- to tell you the answer to an addition problem. (the sum)
- to tell you what the 2 numbers that you add together in an addition problem are called. (addends)
- to tell you what a compass rose is.
- to tell you the fastest thing in the universe. (the speed of light)
Tiger Cup – If you would like to participate in the annual PPE Tiger Cup Monday, Sept. 21, please register today (Friday). Click on the link below to sign up. https://www.percypriest.org/tiger-cup/
Invest – Please do not forget about INVEST. If you would like to donate, please go to https://app.bidcoz.com/percypriest/invest21 and be a PPE HERO.
Math Manipulative Pick-up – We made a packet of manipulatives that will be helpful for your child to use during math time. We will pass out the packets from 2:00-3:00 this Monday, Sept. 14. (We would love to see our students again.) If this time does not work for you, we will leave the packets on the front porch in a tub labeled with your child’s teacher’s name. You can come by and pick them up when it is convenient for you.
St. Studies Weekly – Your child will receive St. Weekly in their math packet. We will use these in class during our SS time.
We hope you all have a great weekend!
The First Grade Team