Ask your first grader. . .
- to tell you what sounds ch, sh, and th make. Have your child tell you 2 words that have ch, sh, and th in them.
- to give you examples of 2 goods and 2 services.
- to tell you the capital of Tennessee. Ask your child to tell you the capital of the United States.
- what strategy he/she would use to solve 11-5= ___.
- to explain why we see red when we look at a rose.
**INVEST CAMPAIGN NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT – Making a gift or pledging your support is easy – simply visit https://app.bidcoz.com/
percypriest/invest21 and learn more. (If you make a gift or pledge by Friday, your child will receive a free frozen drink from Twice Daily’s Granny White Market!)
**End of the Nine Weeks – Our first nine weeks ends next week. All assignments will be due next Thursday, Oct. 1.
**No School – The children do not have school next Friday, Oct. 2. It is a teacher workday.
**Fall Break – Oct. 5-9
**Return to School – Students return to school Tuesday, October 13. Tuesday and Wednesday (Oct. 13 and 14) are half days. Students will be dismissed at 11:30 both days. Full days resume on Thursday and Friday (Oct. 15 and 16).