Ask your second grader:
- Cephalopods are considered intelligent animals. What are 3 reasons scientists consider them “Smart Suckers?”
- How many feet in a yardstick? How long is a meter stick (number of centimeters)?
- What is one way you can measure a curved object?
- Name one inventor we have studies and why he/she is famous?
- No school January 15th in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Next week we will have two special visitors: Kids on the Block (diversity) and the Belmont Repertoire Company (folktales).
- ELA: the verb “be,” the long /e/ sound for y, Author’s Purpose, suffixes –y, -ful
- Math: measurement, geometry
- Science: Culminating task: Write an explanation in which you tell your readers how an animal’s actions demonstrate one of the categories of intelligence.
- Social Studies: Famous Americans
- Writing: informative writing
Have a wonderful long weekend!
The 2nd Grade Team