Ask your second grader:
- Why do scientists think ravens are intelligent? What have you learned about ravens after reading the article, “Brainy Birds”?
- What is a pronoun? Give an example.
- What is a homograph? Give an example.
- What is the difference between standard and non-standard units of measure?
- Why is it necessary to have a standard measurement system?
- What measurement tool (yardstick or ruler) would you use to measure a pencil? A car?
- Report cards will be issued on January 16th.
- No School (MLK Day) – Monday, January 21st
- Skill: visualizing (Visualizing what’s happening in a story as you read to increase understanding.)
- Grammar: subject-verb agreement, antonyms
- Phonics: long i (i, igh, ie, y)
Writing focus: informational writing
Math: measurement (with standard and non-standard units)
Social Studies: historical thinking, economics
Have a wonderful weekend!
The 2ndGrade Team