Ask your second grader:
- How are mountains formed?
- What are 2 different types of mountains?
- Can we see all the mountains on the earth? Where are some of the biggest mountain ranges?
- Why are fossils on top of Mount Everest?
- What is the difference between a plane shape and a solid shape?
- What is a quadrilateral? A polygon?
- Our Travellers Rest field trip is on February 8th from 10:00-12:00. All parents are welcome. If you plan to join us, please meet us at Travellers Rest, and bring $7 (cash only) for admission. We will eat in our classrooms when we return to school. Students should wear their purple field trip t-shirt, and bring a lunch from home.
- Valentine parties will be on Thursday, February 14th from 1:45-2:30. Required homeowrk this week is to make a Valentine’s box. PLEASE do not send in the boxes until Valentine’s Day.
- ELA: commas in a series, words with or and ore compare and contrast, monitor/clarify, prefix over-
- Math: geometry, fractions
- Science: volcanoes
- Social Studies: Economics
- Writing: informative writing
Have a wonderful weekend!
The 2nd Grade Team