Ask your second grader:
- What was the author’s purpose for writing the story, A Picnic in October?
- What are some other reasons authors write?
- What is a pronoun? What is a reflexive pronoun? Can you give an example?
- How does adding the prefix “im” change the meaning of the word “possible”? What about “in” in the word “indestructible”?
- How do you use decomposition to solve the problem 758-346? How do you set up the vertical algorithm for this problem?
- What is regrouping?
- We enjoyed meeting with many of you on Tuesday at conferences. We appreciate your support!
- There will be no school on Monday, November 12th.
- Progress reports go home on Thursday, November 15th.
- Second grade Grandparent Lunch is on Thursday, November 15th during our regular lunch time (10:30-11:00).
- Thanksgiving break is November 21st-23rd.
- Our field trip to TPAC is Wednesday, November 28th. Students need to wear their 2018-19 field trip t-shirt and bring a lunch from home. We will be eating in our classrooms when we return to school.
- ELA: apostrophes (contractions and possessives), words with ai and ay, infer character traits
- Writing focus: friendly letters
- Math: addition and subtraction with regrouping
- Social Studies: History and Time; Landmarks, Timelines
Have a wonderful weekend!
The 2nd Grade Team