Ask your second grader:
- How are the books When Jessie Came Across the Sea and Matchbox Diaries alike? How are they different?
- What is the plot of Matchbox Diaries?
- What was it like to immigrate to America? Think about the books we read and use text evidence to support your answer.
- How is sound produced?
- What is 348+96?
- What is 451+269?
- Art Show: December 5th
- Second Grade Program: December 14th at 8:30 a.m. in the cafeteria
- December 21st is a half day.
- Winter Break: December 24th-January 7th
ELA: capitalization (proper nouns), long o (o, oa, ow), biographies (Describe the connections between the major events in a historical figure’s life. Identify the main purpose and infer the messages in a biographical text.)
Writing focus: informational
Math: addition and subtraction with regrouping, measurement
Social Studies: History, Culture, Famous Americans
Have a wonderful weekend!
The 2nd Grade Team