Ask your second grader:
- What is an action verb? Give an example.
- What is the main idea of the informational text, Super Storms? What are some key details that support the main idea?
- What is the nines fact strategy? Solve these addition facts using the nines fact strategy: 9+6, 9+4, 9+8.
- What are some other addition strategies you’ve learned?
- What is a continent? What countries are part of North America?
- If you are able, please send in non-perishable food items for the Second Harvest Food Drive. It ends on October 11th.
- There will be no homework next week due to the fact that it’s a short week with no school on Friday, October 12th and fall break the following week. There will not be a spelling test on Friday, but we will do a cumulative spelling review in class.
- The 1st quarter ends today, October 5th.
- Walk to School Day is October 10th.
- Fall break is October 15th-19th.
- ELA: review of first quarter skills, culminating task (writing a narrative essay), cumulative spelling review
- Writing focus: narrative essay
- Math: addition and subtraction without regrouping (teaching addition and subtraction strategies, decomposition method, vertical algorithm)
- Social Studies: US Geography
- Science: Life Cycles
Have a wonderful weekend!
The 2nd Grade Team