Dear Percy Priest Families,
Calling all future PERCY PRIEST TIGERS! Kindergarten registration begins Monday, February 11, 2019, for the 2019-20 school year.
It is time to gather all documents needed for registration which include:
- Birth certificate or record of birth — Children must turn five years old on or before August 15, 2019.
- Updated Tennessee Immunization Certificate —Obtain from your child’s physician or any Metro Public Health Clinic
- Proof of a physical — Physical examination must have been performed within one year of the start of school….August 2019.
- Proof of Davidson County residency — Current utility bill (Nashville Electric Service or Nashville Gas), home telephone bill, lease or homeowner Insurance policy
- Parent / Guardian photo ID
If another language, besides English is spoken in the home, please call the Office of English Learners (EL) to make an appointment at (615) 259-8608.
- OFFICE OF ENGLISH LEARNERS 615 Fessey Park Road, Nashville, TN 37204 (Open 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
If only English is spoken in the home, visit an MNPS Enrollment Center. The closest enrollment centers to Percy Priest are:
- ROBERTSON ACADEMY 835 Robertson Academy Rd. Nashville, TN 37220 (Open 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
- HILLWOOD HIGH SCHOOL 400 Davidson Rd., Nashville, TN 37205 (Open 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
(Due to construction at Hillsboro High School, the enrollment center has relocated to Robertson Academy in Oak Hill.) Please share this information with neighbors and friends who have a child who will be attending PPE in August not currently enrolled in MNPS.
Spring Parent-Teacher Conferences will be held on the afternoon of Friday, March 8th, 2019. This day will be a half-day for students with an 11:30 a.m. dismissal. Conferences will begin at 12:45 p.m. and will be requested by your child’s teacher if one is needed. You can also request a conference with your child’s teacher if you have questions or concerns about your child’s academic progress or behavior by contacting the teacher to schedule a meeting.
Please join us Tuesday night @ 6:30 p.m. in the library for our winter PTO meeting. You will hear Student-Based Budget updates from Dr. Craig Hammond, Executive Director in MNPS serving PPE and the Hillsboro Cluster. PPE AP Mark Mason, Interventionist Terri McConnell and Literacy Teacher Development Specialist Emily Parsley will share information about the upcoming Measurement of Academic Progress (MAP) Assessments (reading and math) – how the results are used, what the results say about student growth, and levels of student performance.
As a reminder, school begins daily at 8:00 a.m. If you arrive at PPE after the “Oops, your child is late” sign is visible, you must come inside to the main office and indicate your child has arrived to school. Please do not allow your child to enter the school without a parent or guardian when all front entrance doors are closed. This is MNPS policy and a safety protocol. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Your partner in education,
Mrs. Melinda Williams