Dear Percy Priest Families,
What a surprise! I was blown away by your kindness and the many tokens of appreciation on Wednesday evening when I received the bin of cards and pictures from you and your PPE tiger! Your thoughtfulness touched my heart…….and the best gifts are the ones given from the heart. Thank you, from the bottom of MY heart! The PPE family is THE BEST, hands down!
I remain hopeful that our faculty, staff and students will be able to close out the 19-20 school year together before August. However, we must wait for Governor Lee, Mayor Cooper and Dr. Battle to give us the okay to do so.
As we move forward to Remote Learning 2.0, I want to share the district’s expectations for all students. They are:
* Engage w/teacher during weekly check-in
* Advocate for personal needs & additional support when needed
* Complete independent assignments & submit them by deadlines
* Keep track of completed work & assignments and turn them in to teachers at designated times if required by teacher
– April 27-May 1: Phase into virtual instruction w/grades 5-11. As needed, students in these grades will receive paper packets. Remote Learning 2.0 will be Blended Online and Packets.
– May 4-8: Grades 3-4 transition into some virtual instruction. K-2 will have the ability for blended options as appropriate, such as through videos & programming on Ch. 8, but will always have paper packets.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to your child’s teacher, our counselors or administrators for any questions you may have.
Percy Priest ES