Dear Percy Priest Families,
Where did this school year go? It is hard to believe this is the next-to-last e-blast for the 2018-19 school year!
I want to share with you some changes to our current faculty and staff that will affect our roster for 2018-19. You may have heard about some of these, but I want our families to know before next Thursday.
- Jennifer Orth (1st grade) has accepted a position at H.G. Hill MS teaching 5th grade Social Studies.
- Cornelia Brown (2nd grade) will retire at the end of this school year.
- Emily Parsley (Literacy Teacher Development Specialist) has been accepted into the Vanderbilt MAcc program and will work toward earning a Master’s Degree in Accounting.
- Jennifer Coats (4th grade) has resigned to become the full-time Children’s Minister at Harpeth Hills Church of Christ. She will be working with The Children’s Ministry team on Bible curriculum, VBS, church camp, and a variety of other events for families.
- Mark Mason, Assistant Principal, will retire next month after 35+ years in education. However, he will return in August as PPE’s AP but will work a 120 day contract. He will be at PPE on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Please join me in congratulating these amazing educators as they begin their life’s next journey.
There will be a community meeting on Thursday, May 23 at 6:30 pm to discuss the future of the old Stokes School property on Belmont Blvd. currently leased by Lipscomb University. Hillsboro Cluster School Board member Gini Pupo-Walker will be at this meeting to discuss options regarding the property and what the process will be for determining its future. The meeting will be held at the Church of Christ in Green Hills, formerly known as Granny White Church of Christ, at 3805 Granny White Pike.
Your partner in education,
Mrs. Melinda Williams