The 2019 Read-A-Thon is here!
What is Read-A-Thon?
It’s a twelve day reading marathon for all PPE families. This year we’re following the yellow brick road and reading our way to the land of OZ! Look for the Yellow Brick Road Reading Map, Emerald City Reading Log, and a FAQ information sheet in this week’s Friday folders.
Students have the opportunity to earn small Oz themed prizes throughout the twelve days by completing the challenges on the back of the Yellow Brick Road Reading Map.
Thank-you for helping your child(ren) track and log their minutes read on the Emerald City Reading Log. Each Tiger is encouraged to read more than 40 minutes a day. YES, listening to reading counts as reading.
Important dates are listed below and more information is available on the FAQ information sheet. See you on the YELLOW BRICK ROAD!
Friday, February 15th
- Read-A-Thon begins at 8:30 AM
- 2019 information packet, Emerald City Reading Log and Yellow Brick Road Map sent home in Friday folders
Friday, February 15th – February 27th:
- Students record minutes read on Emerald City Reading Log
- Students will work on Yellow Brick Road Map. They may bring them to the library for prizes along the “road”
Friday, February 22nd:
- Pajama Dress-Up Day –Wear your pajamas to school for a day of cozy reading
- Keep working Yellow Brick Road Map and Emerald City Reading Logs
Wednesday, February 27th:
- Last day of Read-A-Thon. Emerald City Reading Logs must be turned in to the library by 3:00 PM
- Last day for students to bring their Yellow Brick Road Map into the library for prizes.