Second Grade skills for the week of January 24-28:
Wit and Wisdom- Module 2, Lessons 16-19
Anchor Text: The Legend of the Bluebonnet
- Ask and answer questions about The Legend of the Bluebonnet.
- Recount what happens in The Legend of the Bluebonnet.
- Determine criteria for an introduction in an informative paragraph.
- Explore story events and character responses.
- Examine the function of introductory statements in informative paragraphs.
- Use a known root word as a clue to the meaning of an unknown word with the same root.
- Determine the lesson of The Legend of the Bluebonnet and explain how it is supported by key details.
- Identify and determine the meaning of adverbs ending in -ly.
Foundational Skills- Unit 5: Lessons 1-5
- Alphabetical order
- “Y” as a vowel
- /u/ spelled ‘u’ and /u/ spelled ‘o’
- Appropriate word choice
- Writing answers in complete sentences
Social Studies Weekly Week 23: Do You Know Where You Are From?
Subtraction with Regrouping