We hope you all have a safe, restful, and fun fall break!
Second Grade skills for the week of October 18-22:
Wit and Wisdom- Module 1, Lessons 20-24
Lesson 15-18: How does weather impact leaves in fall?
Anchor Text: Why do Leaves Change Color?
- Practice questioning to clarify understandings of a new text.
- Recount stories, including details about character, setting, problem, and solution.
- Identify main topics and details.
- Use adjectives to provide detail.
- Identify, form and expand simple and compound sentences.
- Use glossaries and beginning dictionaries to determine or clarify the meaning of words.
- Use sentence level context to determine the meaning of unfamiliar words.
Foundational Skills- Unit 3, Lessons 1-5
Introduction to spelling alternatives for /ae/ sound
Sound: Exploring the cause and effect between vibrations and sound
– Social Studies Weekly Week 13: The Star-Spangled Banner
– Students will study the history of the national anthem.
– Addition with 2- or 3-digit numbers using the decomposition method
– Addition with 2- or 3-digit numbers using a vertical algorithm
Have a great weekend!
The 2nd Grade Team