Second Grade skills for the week of February 28-March 4
Wit and Wisdom- Module 2, Lessons 26-29
Anchor Text: John Henry: An American Legend
– Identify and generate collective nouns from module texts and real-world experiences.
– Examine the importance of understanding feedback.
– Distinguish shades of meaning among the words related to sound.
– Determine the meaning of the new word formed when the prefix un- is added to a known word.
– Identify the structure of an informative paragraph that describes differences between texts.
Foundational Skills- Unit 5: Lessons 25-28
– Tricky ‘ou’
– Grammar assessment (adjectives, nouns, verb tenses
– Tricky spellings review
– Physics: Simple Machines
– Social Studies Weekly Week 28: Going, Going, Gone!
Have a great weekend!
The 2nd Grade Team