Second Grade skills for the week of March 7-March 11
Wit and Wisdom- Module 2, Lessons 30-33
Anchor Text: John Henry: An American Legend
– Compare and contrast the two versions of the John Henry story.
– Combine simple sentences into compound sentences using conjunctions.
– Use text evidence to describe differences between the two versions of the story.
– Collaboratively draft an informative paragraph comparing thoughts in The Buffalo Are Back and The Legend of the Bluebonnet.
Foundational Skills- Unit 6: Lessons 1-5
– Alphabetizing to the second letter
– /f/ spelled “ph”
– War of 1812
– Parts of speech: common/proper nouns, adjectives, verbs
– Fiction vs. Nonfiction
Physics: Forces and Motion
Social Studies Weekly Week 29: The Fruits and Vegetables Highway
Have a great weekend!
The 2nd Grade Team