Second Grade skills for the week of May 2-6
No homework for the remainder of the school year. Woohoo!
– Wit and Wisdom- Module 3: Lesson 12-13
– Anchor Texts: I Have a Dream speech, “Words Like Freedom” poem, Selma to Montgomery March, Alabama, 1965 photograph
– Compare and contrast the main points of two texts on Martin Luther King, Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech.
– Write an informative paragraph, drawing evidence from two sources.
– Use the meaning of known words to predict the meaning of unfamiliar compound words.
– End of Year review
– Life Cycles and Survival: Butterflies
– Social Studies Weekly 31: Catchy Jingles
– The Lemonade War
Have a great weekend,
The 2nd Grade Team