Second Grade skills for the week of September 20-24:
Wit and Wisdom– Module 1, Lessons 14-17
Focusing Question: Lesson 14: How does Little Yellow Leaf change?
Lesson 15-17: How does the Chameleon change?
Anchor Text: The Little Yellow Leaf, A Color of His Own
- Writing Reflection
- Story Elements: Characters, Setting, Problem, Solution
Foundational Skills– Unit 2, Lessons
- Words with the suffix -ing
- Sounds and spellings review:
- Basic Codes: /ow/ with -ou,-ow, /oi/ with -oi,-oy,
- Quotations in dialogue
- Earth’s Natural Processes (Soils): Students will explore how soil, water, and wind work together to change the Earth’s surface.
- Engineering and Design
- Social Studies Weekly Week 7: Regional News
- Regions in the United States
- Addition and Subtraction (No Regrouping):
- Introduction to Addition and Subtraction Strategies
- Turn-Around Facts (Fact Families)
- Doubles Facts Strategies
- Doubles Plus 1 Strategy
- Make a Ten Fact Strategy
Have a great weekend!
The 2nd Grade Team