We hope everyone had a relaxing, fun, and well-deserved spring break. Please see below for a few notes as we kick off the final quarter of the school year!
-Walking Tour Field Trip April 1
It’s Field Trip Time! Fourth grade students, teachers, and chaperones will be heading downtown for a “Walking Tour of Nashville” on Friday, April 1st. We will meet at the War Memorial Auditorium (301 6th Avenue North) at 9:30. We will leave PPE at 9:00, the tour will last from 9:30-11:30, and we will return to school at noon. There is NO COST FOR STUDENTS! Please sign and return this permission slip by Monday, March 28th.
*We need 5 chaperones per class, but all parents are welcome to join us! If you would like to chaperone, please contact your child’s teacher. Chaperones will need to drive separately and bring $4.00 cash to pay the tour guide.
**What your child should wear on our field trip day: PPE field trip t-shirt, socks, tennis shoes, SSA bottoms, and a jacket if necessary.
Upcoming Events in the 4th Quarter:
– April 1: Walking Tour Field Trip
– April 4-8: Book Fair
– April 8: 2-4th Grandparents’ Day
– April 19-21 (tentative): ELA TNReady
– April 26-27 (tentative): Math TNReady
– April 28 (tentative): Science TNReady
– May 16-20: House Party
– May 20 (morning): Spring Sing, House Party Awards/4th Grade Promotion Ceremony
– May 21: 4th Grade Ropes Course (Hosted by room parents, not a school sponsored event)
What Fourth Graders are Learning This Week:
– Core Texts: George vs. George vs. George: The Revolutionary War as Seen from Both Sides by Rosalyn Schanzer and Colonial Voices: Hear Them Speak by Kay Winters
Essential Question: Why is it important to understand all sides of a story?
Focusing Question: What were the perspectives of the two main sides of the American Revolution?
Writing: Explanatory and Opinion Writing
Grammar: frequently confused words; suffixes -able and -ible; Fragments and Run-ons (quiz Thursday due to Field Trip on Friday).
Studies Weekly 25: The Anaconda Plan and the Leaders of the Nation (test Thursday due to Field Trip on Friday).
-Spiral Review of fourth grade skills
-Focus: Measuring Angles using a protractor
-Fluency: Please continue encouraging your child to practice multiplication and division facts!
-Weekly assessment on Thursday
Earth & Space
Report Cards: March 29
Thank you for the continued support and encouragement you give your children (and their teachers!). Have a wonderful weekend!
Grace Akbari, Kate Allen, Emily Cary, and Jessica Morris