Hello Families! Happy Friday!
Please take a few seconds to fill out the following Google Form. All you need to write is your child’s name and the school they plan to attend next year. This will help us to organize your child’s file and records. Middle School Form
*4th Grade’s Second Annual “House Party”
We have almost made it to House Party! House Party will be a week of activities where students can earn points for their house starting May 16th and ending the 20th. These will be academic, physical, and creative challenges where students will compete with their house! Most of the activities will be outside. PLEASE HAVE YOUR CHILD WEAR TENNIS SHOES EACH DAY.
Below are the Dress up themes. Students may dress up and not be in SSA for House Party Week.
Monday: America the Beautiful Monday- Patriotic Theme
Tuesday: Toga Tuesday (clothes under for activities!)
Wednesday: House Color Dress Up Day for Field Day *Parents are invited to come from 10-12 for Field Day
Thursday: Thursday Jersday- Jersey Day
Friday: Bright Future Friday- Sunglasses/Hat Day
FRIDAY, MAY 20: We will have Spring Sing starting at 9:00. Please bring a chair, and the performance will be in the front lawn.
Following the Spring Sing performance, we will have our 4th grade graduation ceremony. After Spring Sing AND graduation, parents are invited to stay and have picnic lunch outside with their child. You may bring a picnic lunch or your child may get a lunch from the cafe. Parents will not be able to get lunch from the cafe.
If you volunteered to help with House Party, please check in at the front office at your designated time and meet at the bench by Mrs. Cary’s classroom. We will have all the directions for you when you arrive. Sign up link is below! The events of House Party are meant to be a surprise each day, so please refrain from sharing the events on the sign up sheet with your students:) House Party Volunteer Link
All student laptops must be turned in to the school for the summer this year. No student laptops will be checked out over the summer. Students in the summer program will receive a laptop to use at their assigned school. The IT dept will be reformatting all student laptops over the summer so no student will be getting the same laptop (most likely) next year. Please make sure all stickers and labels are removed from the laptops by the end of the year.
Beginning May 9th, students may not take home laptops from school. We will begin checking them back into the system during tech classes that week. The laptops can stay with the student in the building but may not go home after May 6th.
*Return class and school library books!
Now is the time to start checking bookshelves at home for any books your child has borrowed from their classroom and/or library. Thank you for your help in the search!
*IMPORTANT: Upcoming 4th Grade/PPE Events
– Mother-Son Outing – Friday, May 6 at 5pm
– Father-Daughter Dance – Friday, May 6 at 6pm
– Field Day – May 18 – VIEW FIELD DAY SCHEDULE HERE
– Spring Sing – May 20 at 9am (see flyer below)
– Adventure Works 4th Grade Outing to Celebrate Graduation from PPE – May 21st from 10am – 2pm
When: Friday, May 6 at 5pm
Who: 4th grade boys and their mothers* (*or chaperone-any parent/grandparent/chaperone is welcome to join their son). We kindly ask that you leave siblings at home.
What: Dinner, games and a movie! The movie (and snacks) will start when it is dark (around 7:30).
Where: PPE Playground
Rain date back up is Friday, May 13th at 5:00. In case of bad weather, we will communicate through email.
RSVP: Each mother*/son pair $10 to cover the party costs. RSVP by Venmoing $10 to @Kiki-Morton (last 4 digits 4296) with son’s name. Venmo will serve as your RSVP. NO Venmo? Send $10 cash or check to Kiki Morton (Ford Morton in Mrs. Cary’s class and please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
What to bring to the party: Flashlight, Blankets, sleeping bags, bean bags, folding chairs, etc. We will have drinks (juice boxes, water, soft drinks) and pizza. Bring anything else you would like to eat/drink if desired. We will be able to access the school bathrooms.
Questions: Email Kiki Morton or Jessica Berinato.
Father-Daughter GLOW Dance
When: Friday, May 6 at 6pm
What: A special fun night for Fathers* and Daughters featuring DJ Louis, black lights, prizes, refreshments and FUN!
Where: Percy Priest Elementary
Cost: $20 per couple to cover expenses. VENMO $20 to @Renee-Lewis-4 (last 4 digits 6798) and include daughters name. Or send cash or check to Renee Lewis via Ms. Cary’s classroom
*Girls can bring fathers or a special guest!
Questions: Email Erin Thomas or Renee Lewis
When: Wednesday, May 18 from 10:00 to 12:00 (rain date-Friday, May 20)
Please see attachment for locations and events. 4th graders are encouraged to wear their house colors for this event!
*Field Day questions? Reach out to Mrs. Nash (email@example.com) or Mr. Swift (firstname.lastname@example.org).
When: Friday, May 20 at 9:00.
What: 2nd – 4th grade music program. The show will be dedicated to the legendary Mrs. Lolilta Kinnard to celebrate her retirement, as well as Ms. Moe from the Tiger Cafe. There will be singing, dancing and recorder playing.
Where: PPE image below
*Spring Sing questions? Reach out to Mr. Mott (email@example.com)
Adventure Works 4th Grade Outing
When: Sat, May 21 | 10 AM-2 PM
What: 4th Grade Outing at Adventure Park
Where: Adventure Park | 801 Percy Warner Blvd
Cost: $40/child ($35/child entry fee + $5 to help cover teachers & refreshments).
1. Sign the online waiver here. Waivers must be signed using this link. This will serve as your child’s RSVP and our head count. We will need a final head count by May 6th.
2. TO RSVP – Venmo $40/child to @jess_sellers with “Child name teacher name” in the memo line (e.g., “Lucy Sellers Akbari”). This will cover your child’s expenses.
3. Please let your child’s teacher know if you need financial assistance covering the cost of their entry fee. Any child who wants to participate will be covered.
* This is not a school-sponsored event and participation is optional. Your child will need to have their own transportation.
* You are welcome to drop off your child. If you’d like to stay, any adult on site must also complete a waiver using this link even if they are not participating. Spectators are free; participating adults are $35.
* Siblings cannot attend due to space limits.
* Gloves are recommended but not required. Children can bring their own gardening or climbing gloves or can purchase them on site for $5-18.
* Please have your child wear comfortable athletic clothing and sneakers. No sandals or open toed shoes.
* If you’ve never been to the Adventure Park, here’s a YouTube video about it!
The Street Kids Band’s First Ever Concert for Family and Friends!
Sunday, May 22 at 5pm (see flyer below for more information)
Give yourself a pat on the back for making it through this email! 😉 Thank you for the continued support and encouragement you give your children (and their teachers!). Have a wonderful weekend!
Grace Akbari, Kate Allen, Emily Cary, and Jessica Morris