It looks like Tom Turkey will be safe this Thanksgiving! The turkey disguises are fabulous! Tom and the K Teachers are thankful for your support! ?
Here’s what is happening in kindergarten next week….
~Identify the beginning, middle and end of stories
~Retell events in a story, including key details
~Identify character(s) and setting
~Compare story events from long ago vs. today
~Identify beginning and ending sounds
~Blending and segmenting sounds
~With prompting and support, participate in shared writing activities
~Read and write sight words (Heart Word Book)
~Read and write short /o/ & /u/ CVC words (consonant-vowel-consonant)
~Solve contextual addition and subtraction problems
~Complete addition and subtraction problems using equations ( + – =)
~Read, write, count, and represent larger numbers to 20
~Healthy Habits: Mask, Washing Hands, Social-Distancing
~Identify and discuss holidays and analyze why we celebrate them (Thanksgiving Day)
~Use correct words and phrases related to chronology and time, including: Now/ long ago, past, present, future
~Social Emotional Learning: Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social-Awareness, Relationship Skills, Responsible Decision Making
- November 17th– Progress Reports Issued
- Wednesday, November 25th– Friday, November 27th– Thanksgiving Break, No School
- December 17th– Winter Holiday Celebration (More information to come)
- Half-day dismissal at 11:30
- December 18th– January 4th- Winter Break, No School
- January 5th-6th– Inservice Days, No School
- January 7th– Students return
- January 12th– Report Cards Issued
- January 18th– Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, No School
Please make sure to read your child’s class newsletter for specific reminders!
Thanks for ALL you do!