We are off to a wonderful start in Kindergarten! Thank you for purchasing supplies and wish list items. We appreciate your generosity and support.
Each teacher sends a weekly newsletter, so please check your email for important class information.
Mark your calendar for Open House this Thursday. K/1st will be held at 5:30. We look forward to seeing you there!
Here’s what is coming up in kindergarten…
ELA: Essential Question: How does reading help us learn?
- Read, enjoy, and analyze literary texts and visual art
- Experience Wit & Wisdom’s lesson structure
- Explain the role that reading plays in building knowledge
- Identify how words and pictures communicate key details and meaning
- Listen for pairs of rhyming words and create rhyming words
MATH: Counting and Cardinality
- Orally count to 20
- Count forward beginning from a given number within the known sequence (instead of having to begin at 1)
- Write numbers 0-7
- Represent a number of objects with a written numeral, 0-7
Thursday, August 19th- K/1st Open House 5:30
Friday, August 20th-First Day Forms Due
Thanks for ALL you do!
K Teachers ?