This past week, the children were introduced to the learning structures of our new reading series, Wit and Wisdom. This curriculum builds knowledge of key topics in history, science, and literature through the study of excellent texts. By reading and responding to stories and nonfiction texts, we will build knowledge from the first topic of The Five Senses.
ELA: Essential Question: How do our senses help us learn?
- Ask and answer questions about key details from the text’s words and illustrations
- Write the letters that represent most phonemes and apply them to their own writing and drawing
- Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to respond to a prompt to supply information about a topic
- Collect evidence from the texts and use it to support responses to a prompt
- Ask and answer questions about unknown words in a text
- Ask questions about key details in texts using the question words who, what, where, when, why, and how
- Recognize and the describe the five senses and related body parts
MATH: Counting and Cardinality
- Orally count to 20
- Count forward beginning from a given number within the known sequence (instead of having to begin at 1)
- Write numbers 0-7
- Represent a number of objects with a written numeral, 0-7
Social/Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Demonstrate and awareness of my emotions
- Understand and use strategies for managing my emotions and behavior constructively
- Demonstrate awareness and consideration of other people’s emotions, perspectives, and social cues
September 3rd- Planning Day, No School
September 6th- Labor Day, No School
Thanks for ALL you do!
K Teachers ?