We continue to build loving and supportive learning communities using our SEL curriculum, Sanford Harmony. Unit 2 teaches our students empathy and critical thinking skills. Children are learning to become “feelings detectives” by paying attention to situational cues in order to understand and explain the reason someone feels the way they do. See if your child can practice using this skill at home.
ELA: Essential Question: How do our senses help us learn?
Focusing Question: How does CJ use his senses to learn about the world in Last Stop on Market Street?
Text: Last Stop on Market Street
- Ask questions about the text
- With prompting and support, use a combination of drawing, dictating, and/or writing to narrate a single event
- Experiment with adding details to a drawing
- Ask and answer questions about key vocabulary in the text
- Identify sensory adjectives and use them in a sentence
- Write the letters that represent most phonemes and apply them to their own writing and drawing
- Identify uppercase and lowercase letters
- Form letters correctly
- Learn letter sounds
Math: Represent Addition and Subtraction
Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings, sounds, acting out situations, and verbal explanations.
Social/Emotional Learning (SEL)
Demonstrate awareness and consideration of other people’s emotions, perspectives, and social cues
September 10th- PPE Family Picnic, 5-7 on the playground
September 17th- INVEST pledges due
September 20th- Tiger Cup
September 23rd- PPE Songwriter’s Night, Songs Under the Stars
Thanks for ALL you do!
K Teachers 😊