This past Tuesday, students participated in a school-wide project to support relief efforts related to the recent flooding in Waverly, Tennessee. Thank you for your generous donations of new socks and underwear for the flood victims. As always, we appreciate your support.
In class, students were introduced a new “classmate” named Z. This new character is the focus of our Sanford Harmony social-emotional learning curriculum. This program helps our kiddos develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to develop healthy identities and create meaningful relationships with each other.
ELA: Essential Question: How do our senses help us learn?
Focusing Question: How do people use their senses to learn about the world?
Text: My Five Senses by Aliki
- Ask questions about key details to discuss the main topic
- With prompting and support, use a combination of drawing, dictating, and/or writing to narrate a single event.
- Use text evidence to answer student-generated questions
- Ask and answer questions about unknown words in a text
- Ask questions about key details in texts using the question words who, what, where, when, why, and how
- Generate and apply sensory adjectives for senses in real-life situations
- Write the letters that represent most phonemes and apply them to their own writing and drawing
- Identify uppercase and lowercase letters
- Form letters correctly
- Learn letter sounds
- Recognize and begin to produce rhyming words
Math: Represent Addition and Subtraction, Counting and Cardinality
- Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings, sounds, acting out situations, and verbal explanations,
- Count to 20
- Count forward beginning from a given number within the known sequence (instead of having to begin at 1)
- Write numbers 0-7
- Represent a number of objects with a written numeral, 0-7
Social/Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Demonstrate and awareness of my emotions
- Understand and use strategies for managing my emotions and behavior constructively
- Demonstrate awareness and consideration of other people’s emotions, perspectives, and social cues
Ask your child how they can fill someone’s bucket?
- September 3rd- Planning Day, No School
- September 6th- Labor Day, No School
- September 7th- Fall Picture Day
- September 10th- PPE Family PicnicSeptember 17th- INVEST pledges due
- September 20th- Tiger Cup
- September 23rd- PPE Songwriter’s Night, Songs Under the Stars
Thanks for ALL you do!
K Teachers ?