Thank you for choosing MNPS to serve your child’s educational need. On Monday, January 27, 2020, you will receive an
optional schools application (booklet) to apply for a choice school for the 2020-21 school year.
Below are the essential guidelines to keep in mind as you explore your options.
- You do not have to fill out a new optional school application if your child is currently enrolled in an out of zone school and you wish for your child to remain at the school they are now attending.
- Parent or legal guardian must be a Davidson County resident at the time of application for Optional School.
- All applications require a Student ID number. If your child is currently enrolled or has previously attended a Metropolitan Nashville Public School, you may contact the MNPS Family Information Center at 615-259-INFO (4636) for your child’s Student ID number.
- To apply online, please go to www.mnps.org/apply. If you need internet access, you may visit your nearest Nashville Public Library branch, any of the district’s enrollment centers or the MNPS Family Information Center.
- Kindergarten -10th grade applications received between January 27, 2020 – February 14, 2020 will be entered into a random and computerized drawing. Applications received after February 14, 2020 will be added to the end of the waiting list.
- DO NOT give your completed application to your child’s teacher or front office staff. The completed application may be submitted by hand to the MNPS Family Information Center located at 2601 Bransford Ave. Nashville, TN 37204. Please obtain a “Return Receipt Request” form from the U.S. Postal Service if returning by mail. Faxed applications will not be accepted.
- Submission for Pre-School and Pre-Kindergarten application begins in the spring of 2020. Please contact the MNPS Family Information Center for more information at 615-259-4636.
MNPS Office of School Choice/Jenai Hayes