Budget 2020-2021 School Year
The PTO Executive Board approved the following budget for the 2020-21 school year. If you have any questions please contact Geoff Watson, treasurer.
Click here to download the 2020-21 PPE PTO Budget.
Click here to download the 2021-2022 proposed PPE PTO Budget.
PPE has opportunities throughout the year for families to financially contribute to students’ success. Fundraising is vital to pay the salaries for four interventionists and enrichment teachers who support our teachers and students. These positions make a tremendous impact on so many of our students and their learning. Below you will find a description of each fundraiser, goals, as well as information on how you can contribute to help PPE students EXPLORE, DISCOVER, LEARN & GROW!
So much of our fundraising in the past primarily comes from our larger, in person, events like the Auction and Songwriter’s night. Given that we are unsure of those possibility of getting together in larger groups in closer quarters, we would love to hear from you. Do you have an idea for a virtual fundraiser? If so, please contact our PTO Co-Presidents, Kass Benchoff or GinnyDolezal with your ideas.
The Tiger Store: This is a wonderful way to show Percy Priest Spirit. Students can wear Percy Priest Spirit wear shirts any day to school in place of collared shirts. They can wear the spirit shorts/skorts on Friday’s. This gear, along with PPE accessories can be purchased through the Tiger Store. The Tiger Store shop will be available online soon. Stay tuned for a link to start shopping.
Grocery Store/Online Shopping Fundraisers: This is the easiest fundraiser in which to participate. PPE receives donations from retailers with no additional cost to parents.
- Kroger will donate 4% of the total to PPE. You just need to link your Kroger Plus card to PPE using these steps:
- HOW TO LINK YOUR CARD: (takes about 5 minutes)
- 1. Click HERE.
- 2. Create an account by entering the following: (*Email, *Password, *Zip Code, *Find (location of store you use))
- 3. Add Kroger Plus 12-digit number OR phone number linked to your Kroger Plus account
- 4. Click on COMMUNITY REWARDS (*First Name, *Last Name, *Address)
- 5. Find your organization (*Type in our NPO Number: 89203 and hit Search, *Select Percy Priest Elementary School, and *Click ENROLL)
- Amazon will donate .5% of all money spent on their site.
- How to Link your Amazon account to Percy Priest: click on this link https://smile.amazon.com/ch/04-3588824 and then login to your account. For future amazon shopping, you must use the site www.smile.amazon.com in order to give Percy Priest the .5%.
- Publix Partners will help earn money for our school. It is easy: Present your Publix Partners school card at checkout. For every $37,500 spent cumulatively by our school’s participants, Publix will award our school $250.
Dine out for PPE: Several great restaurants partner with PTO to raise money for PPE! When you buy lunch, dinner or a sweet treat on designated days, these fabulous partners donate a portion of their proceeds to PPE!
The Box Tops 4 Education program collects $.10 per label for each box top that is turned in. Simply cut the “Box Tops 4 Education” labels from any products so labeled and drop them in the designated box in the school office or wait for the “classroom contest.” Earn additional money for PPE by shopping online at the Box Tops Marketplace, with over 70 participating vendors, including Lands’ End, Target, Gap, and Pottery Barn. See the Box Tops website for details.
Lands’ End catalog has a large selection of Standard School Attire (SSA) and PPE logo clothing. Lands’ End will donate 3% of all qualifying standard school attire purchases to Percy Priest. Please visit Lands’ End to place your order!
The combined fundraising goal for all these programs is $3,700
First Semester Fundraisers
INVEST in Your Child: This campaign is PPE’s primary fundraiser. Approximately half of the PTO’s operating budget comes from monies raised through the INVEST campaign. Our INVEST goal is $145,000. To reach this goal, in August we ask parents to consider a pledge of $350 per child, which may be paid in one payment or in installments by mid-December. All giving is confidential and voluntary. To learn more about INVEST and make your pledge, click here.
Tee Up for the Tiger Cup Golf Tournament: On Monday, September 21st, 2020 at Old Natchez Country Club, the PTO will host our fall fundraiser. This is a great event that build community and gives our businesses a chance to reach new clients. The goal is $15,000. Registration will open in mid-September. Contact Cassie Brothers with questions.
Second Semester Fundraisers
Spring Auction: This annual fundraiser is a fun social gathering for adults only, featuring dinner, music, and live and silent auctions. It is a great time for parents and teachers to celebrate another great year at PPE! The fundraising goal is $60,000.
Used Book Sale: In January, families can donate gently used children’s books. During Read-A-Thon, a large selection of these books is offered to students at nominal prices, typically $.25-$.50 per book. The fundraising goal is $1,500.
Art Show: In the spring, the students show off their talent by displaying their works of art in the cafe. These framed masterpieces are available for purchase.