The 2020 Read-A-Thon is here!
What is Read-A-Thon? It’s a twelve day reading marathon for all PPE families. This year we’re Imagining our Story and leaning into all things fairy tales…castles, dragons, knights, and magical characters. Look for the Imagine Your Story Challenge, Reading Log, and a “FAQ Information Sheet” in this week’s Friday folders. Students have the opportunity to earn small fairy tale themed prizes throughout the twelve days by completing the challenges on the Imagine Your Story Challenge. Thank-you for helping your child(ren) track and log their minutes read on the Reading Log. We’re encouraging students to read more than 40 minutes a day. YES, listening to reading counts as reading. Important dates are listed below and more information is available on the FAQ Information Sheet.
Important Dates to Remember
Friday, February 14th:
- At 3:00 PM, Read-A-Thon begins. Start reading!
- Reading Log and Imagine Your Story Challenge come home in Friday folders
Friday, February 14th – Wednesday, February 26th:
- READ, READ, READ! At lunch, in the car, in the tub, under the covers!
- Record minutes read on the Reading Log
- Work on your Imagine Your Story Challenge. Bring it to the library for prizes.
Friday, February 21st:
- Pajama Dress-Up Day –Wear your pajamas to school for a day of cozy reading!
Wednesday, February 26th:
- Read-A-Thon ends at 8:00 AM
- Return all Reading Logs to your child’s teacher
- DON’T FORGET TO TALLY THE TOTAL MINUTES READ AND RECORD ON GREEN TALLY SLIP!
- Last day to earn prizes for the Imagine Your Story Challenge
Friday, February 28th:
- CELEBRATION DAY – Favorite Book Character Dress-Up Day!
- 9:00 school-wide assembly – class and individual Read-A-Thon winners will be announced