Metro has officially adopted a standard school attire policy. Click here to read the complete Standard School Attire policy.
Click here to download the official dress code from MNPS.
Standard School Attire MNPS and PPE
- All shirts must have short or long sleeves and must have a collar (polo, dress-style, Peter Pan or turtleneck).
- White or navy blue shirts are acceptable in all Metro schools.
Percy Priest students are allowed to wear any solid color shirt.
- All pants, shorts, capri pants, skirts, or shorts must be navy blue, black or any shade of khaki. Dresses and jumpers must be solid colors. Cargo pants with extra large pockets and denim jeans of any color are not permissible. Students in grades 3 and 4 must wear a belt if their clothing has belt loops.
- All shirts must be properly buttoned and tucked inside pants, shorts or skirts.
- All clothing must be appropriately sized. Tight fitting, baggy or sagging shirts or pants are not allowed.
- Logos or manufacturer trademarks, if any, must be no larger than two inches. School logos are permitted and are not limited in size.
- T-shirts with or without sleeves may be worn as undergarments. They must be solid colors and may not display any writing, pictures or images.
- A single blazer, suit jacket, vest, sweater, or cardigan is permitted as an item that may be worn over the Standard Attire top. These garments must be solid colors. Hooded sweatshirts are not allowed to be worn during the day unless they are Percy Priest spirit wear.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn at all times. In elementary school, students are much safer in tennis shoes. Laces on shoes or sneakers must be tied. No house shoes are allowed and flip-flops are discouraged.
- Torn clothing or see-through clothing is prohibited.
- Spiked accessories, oversized jewelry or belt buckles and inappropriate head coverings such as bandanas or do-rags cannot be worn or seen during school time or school functions.