History & Awards

Percy Priest Elementary opened its doors in September 1957 as a K-6 school. The school was dedicated in April 1958 to the memory of U.S. Representative J. Percy Priest, a Tennessee congressman who served for 16 years until his death in 1956. The school became a K-4 school in 1985 and has been ever since.

Back to Top