READ-A-THON 2023: Some Reader
It’s here! The Some Reader 2023 Read-A-Thon kicks off Friday, February 24th! FAQ information sheets, Some Reader reading logs, and Fern’s Farmyard Challenge Board are being sent home on Friday. February 24th in your child’s blue Some Reader read-a-thon folder. Students will keep all things RAT related (reading logs, challenge board, coloring sheets, etc.) in this folder and it should travel with them between home and school.
Read-A-Thon is always one of the best parts of the school year as PPE students are particularly enthusiastic about reading, books, and stories! Thank-you for supporting our efforts by embracing your child’s reading enthusiasm by encouraging reading in your family’s daily routine. Below are some important dates.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Friend of Read-A-Thon: Joe & Margaret Crane, Read & Brittany Hauck, Anonymous
Friday, February 24th:
- At 8:00 AM, Read-A-Thon begins. Start reading!
- Read-a-Thon folderscome home! Reading logs, Fern’s Farmyardchallenge cards, and other RAT materials are in this folder. Students will keep all things RAT related (reading logs, challenge board, etc.) in this folder and it should travel back and forth between home and school.
Friday, February 24th – Wednesday, March 8th:
- READ, READ, READ! During breakfast, in the car, outside, under the covers!
- Tally your reading on the Some Readerreading logs. Parents need to initial each reading log entry.
- Work on your Fern’s Farmyard challenge board. A few of these challenges will be completed during
- class library time.
Friday, March 3rd:
- Pajama Day! Wear your pajamas to school for a day of cozy reading!
Wednesday, March 8th:
- Read-A-Thon ends at 3:00 PM
- Return logs to your child’s teacher by 3:00 PM
Friday, March 10th:
- CELEBRATION DAY – Favorite Book Character Dress-Up Day!
- Students who achieve the 75 book and 1,000 minute challenge will be recognized during morning announcements and receive a certificate, medal, and a ticket to Wilbur’s County Fair Party.