Ask your 2nd Grader:
● What is the setting in the story, A Color of His Own? Who are the characters? What is the problem and resolution?
● How does the chameleon change in A Color of His Own?
● What are the subjects in the following sentence? Birds and butterflies migrate to warmer winter homes.
● Which digit has the highest value in the number 296?
● Can you represent the number 793 in expanded form?
● Why is soil important? What is it used for?
● What is weathering?
What 2nd Graders Are Learning Next Week:
ELA (English Language Arts):
● Wit and Wisdom Module 1: A Season of Change
- ○ Essential Question: How does change impact people and nature?
○ Learning Goals:
- Vary sentence structures by combining sentences using conjunctions.
- Record observations and questions about a nonfiction text.
- Identify a connection between leaves and trees.
- Connect academic vocabulary words separate and shape with content knowledge from previously read texts.
- Identify the main topic and details of an informational text.
- Examine and identify characteristics of conclusions.
● Tennessee Foundational Skills:
- ○ /ou/ sound spelled ou and ow
- ○ /oi/ sound spelled oi and oy
- ○ /er/ sounds spelled er
- ○ Tricky Words (words that do not play by the rules)
- ○ Quotation Marks
- ○ Ask and answer questions about key details in our student reader
○ The writing process (plan, draft, edit, publish)
- ● Represent Numbers to 1,000
● Numbers on a Number Line
Social Studies/Science (We will rotate between science and social studies every two weeks.): ● Soil
○ Earth’s natural processes (erosion, weathering)
Dates to Remember:
● Songwriters Night – Thursday, September 28th
● Navigator Day – Wednesday, October 4th
● No School for Students – Friday, October 6th
● Fall Break: October 9th-13th