We hope everyone enjoyed their snow week! As we make our way back to school and diving into third quarter, here are some important updates from us.
Friday, February 9th- Field Trip to Huntsville Space and Rocket Center. If you have not done so already, please pay using this link in the information below.
To pay for field trips:
- Go to schoolcashonline.com and click “Register”
- Once registered, you will be able to add your students. Go ahead and add all your PPE students for future field trip payments!
- In order to add a student, the first question is:
Type in the School Board name and select one from the list
Ours is “Metro Nashville Public Schools”
- The rest of the questions are just your student’s information!
- Once your students have been added, you will see “Items” listed across the top. When you click, you should see all of your children’s names and what field trips are available for payment.
- Please email email@example.com if you have any problems!
Monday, March 4- Wax Museum
Your child will come home today with their important leader that they’ll be researching and presenting. They’ll be given a packet with all the details. This is always a really fun project that the students end up loving and learning a lot!
ELA- We are wrapping up our space unit with our final essay on whether or not everyone would want to be an astronaut on the Apollo 11 Mission, and beginning our new unit, which is immigration. We start off by learning about The Statue of Liberty, and studying the Emma Lazarus poem The New Colossus, which is on the base of the statue. We will start TCAP prep during ELA time.
Math- We are finishing multiplication patterns and strategies, and beginning problem solving in word problems using all 4 operations. We will start TCAP Math prep during math.
Science- Weather patterns, climate, and clouds!
Happy to be back in school!
~The Third Grade Team