Sleigh It Ain’t So that 2022 is coming to a close! As we near the holiday break, we reflect on all the fun times we have had this school year at Percy Priest Elementary. We are grateful for an amazing school year where our children can come to a wonderful school to learn and grow daily. A true gift is our teachers and staff who give countless hours of their day to provide guidance and support to our kids. We hope yule have a happy holiday!
We are already excited about a fabulous semester ahead of us and have included a small preview of what’s to come below. Details on these and others will come in the New Year but please go ahead and mark your calendars!
Grade-Level Parent Parties
Shake off the post-holiday winter blues and enjoy some fellowship with Percy Priest parents! We are hosting grade-level parent parties in January and February and hope you’ll be able to come. These events are free. More details will come in the new year but please mark your calendars in the meantime!
- Jan 20 – 1st Grade Parent Party hosted by Ginny & Mike Dolezal
- Jan 26 – 4th Grade Parent Party hosted by Kate & Jeremy Lathen
- Feb 2 – 2nd Grade Parent Party hosted by Katie & Lewis Agnew
- Feb 9 – Kindergarten Parent Party hosted by Nan & Ross Lucas
- Feb 16 – 3rd Grade Parent Party hosted by Ashley & Geoff Watson
Spring School Events
- Feb 21-23 – Used Book Sale
- Feb 24-March 8 – Read-a-Thon
- March 4 – Spring Auction
- March 23 – Math Night
- April 21 – Tiger Tennis Social
- May 1-5 – Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 5 – Cinco de Mayo & Field Day (*May 9 Rain Date*)
- May 7 – Incoming Kindergartener Popsicle Party
- May 12 – Spring Picnic
- May 19 – Spring Sing
A note (and CHALLENGE) from Mrs. Tanner
Hello Wonderful PPE Families! During December in the Advocacy Center your students learned all about having an “Attitude of Gratitude”. Science has proven that people who are more grateful are happier, sleep better, get better grades, enjoy school more, feel less pain and are healthier. We learned that gratitude is a skill that we can improve simply by taking time daily to show our appreciation and write down those things for which we are thankful. Please join me over the break in completing this 21-Day Family Gratitude Challenge that will be in your child’s Friday folder. As a family spend time discussing the prompt, write your answer below the prompt, and have your child color the ray of the day. Students who return the challenge to me by January 11th will receive a small prize to help them remember to have an “Attitude of Gratitude.”
The PTO would like to thank all of our amazing volunteers who pitched in one way or another, big or small, this fall. We’ve had scores of parents and caregivers give their time and energy, and almost every family participate financially through Invest, our small fundraisers, gifts for teachers and staff, etc. Your generosity amazes us and truly makes a difference, so THANK YOU!
We also want to offer words of gratitude for our fundraising and community events sponsors from the fall semester, listed below. We couldn’t have done it without your generous support, too!
We are looking forward to the spring and will have plenty of opportunities for individuals and businesses to get involved with sponsorship through volunteer opportunities, monetary donations and in-kind donations, so stay tuned for more information about how to get involved!
Tiger Cup Golf Tournament
- Presenting Sponsor: First Bank
- Tournament Sponsors: Pinnacle Financial, Camel Express Car Wash, Spencer Fane Bone McAllester, Premier Golf Services, and Renters Warehouse
- Mamas & Mimosas: Curated Homes Nashville
- Beverage Cart Sponsor: 8th & Berry Wine & Spirits
- Putting Contest Sponsor: Charles Hawkins, Co.
- Closest to the Pin Contest Sponsor: Osborne State Farm
- Longest Drive Contest Sponsor: Hultafors Group
- Hole Sponsorships: Nashville Interactive, The Leslie Hill Group, WNSL, Chanda Teas with Rodan & Fields, Bone & Joint Institute – Geoff Watson, MD, and Caleb Hemmer
Songs Under the Stars
- Event Sponsors:
- Food by Hattie B’s
- Desserts by Sugar Momma and Anne’s Cakes
- Drinks by Hive and Black Abbey
- Ambience by The Wish Farm and Kelly Terrell Art
- Products by American Paper and Twine
- Teacher Sponsors: Caleb Hemmer and Pilkerton Realtors
- Music Sponsors: Smack Songs and Bookable
- Mic Sponsors: Image Quest and America’s Swimming Pool Co.
- Merch Sponsors: Camel Express Car Wash and Diane & John Vidalakis
- Sound Check Sponsors: Curated Homes, Caroline & Chris Edwards, Kate & Jeremy Lathen, and Osborne State Farm
- Friends of the Music: The Leslie Hill Group
Back to School and Fall Family Picnic
- Platinum Sponsor: Osborne State Farm
- Diamond Sponsor: Anonymous, in honor of Dr. Young
- Friend of Science Night: Camel Express Car Wash
Percy’s Reading Party
- Gold Sponsor: Patterson Intellectual Property Law
- Friend of Percy’s Reading Party: Camel Express Car Wash, John & Diane Vidalakis, and the Wolanski Family
- Platinum Sponsor: Samir Giris Artoul Foundation
- Bronze Sponsor: John & Diane Vidalakis
- Friend of GrandFriends Day: Caleb Hemmer, Camel Express Car Wash, and Travel Stars
- Friend of the Art Show: Camel Express Car Wash, Brandt & Sonya Jewell, Kelly Terrell Art, and Lewis & Katie Agnew
How to Stay Connected
Add PPE happenings to your calendar automatically!
You can subscribe to our PTO calendar and have all of our events show up on your calendar, so you never lose track of important dates! Following the links below will prompt you to subscribe to the calendar via your preferred calendar app. Any time the PTO updates an event through the website, it will update on the calendar of all subscribers (how often your calendar pulls updated info will be based on your individual personal settings – every 5 minutes, 1 hour, 1 week, etc).
For Calendar Apps (apple calendar etc), go to: webcal://www.percypriest.org/?post_type=tribe_events&ical=1&eventDisplay=list