Ready, Set….READ!! Read-a-thon kicks off tomorrow with two weeks of books, prizes, games and a whole lot more. All the information around this Some Reader Read-a-thon will be in your child’s Friday folder. Let’s make the next two weeks an exciting time for everyone to have fun while reading!
Back to the NEON-Spring Auction is ONE week away! Tickets are going fast, so please grab your ticket today for a fun night out on the town. Scroll down for information on tickets, rides, babysitters, attire and MORE!
Upcoming School Events
- Feb 24-March 8 – Read-a-Thon
- March 4 – Spring Auction at City Winery
- March 10-Half day of School-3rd Quarter Ends
- March 13-17 – Spring Break – No School
- March 23 – Math Night
- March 29 – Mr. Lincoln visits PPE
- April 6 & 7 – Spring Holiday- No School
- April 20 – Author Visit
- April 21 – Tiger Tennis Social
- May 1-5 – Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 1 – NPL Puppet Truck- Puss in Boots (2nd & 3rd)
- May 2 – NPL Puppet Truck – Tomas (K & 1st)
- May 5 – Cinco de Mayo & Field Day (*May 9 Rain Date*)
- May 7 – Incoming Kindergartener Popsicle Party
- May 12 – Spring Picnic
- May 19 – Spring Sing
Spring Field Trips
- Feb 24 – 2nd Grade @ TPAC
- April 12 – 1st Grade (Acker / Wall) @ Warner Park
- April 14 – 1st Grade (Brumleve / Faison / Hartsock) @ Warner Park
- May 11 – 2nd Grade @ Nashville Children’s Theater
READ-A-THON 2023: Some Reader
It’s here! The Some Reader 2023 Read-A-Thon kicks off Friday, February 24th! FAQ information sheets, Some Reader reading logs, and Fern’s Farmyard Challenge Board are being sent home on Friday. February 24th in your child’s blue Some Reader read-a-thon folder. Students will keep all things RAT related (reading logs, challenge board, coloring sheets, etc.) in this folder and it should travel with them between home and school.
Read-A-Thon is always one of the best parts of the school year as PPE students are particularly enthusiastic about reading, books, and stories! Thank-you for supporting our efforts by embracing your child’s reading enthusiasm by encouraging reading in your family’s daily routine. Below are some important dates:
Friday, February 24th:
- At 8:00 AM, Read-A-Thon begins. Start reading!
- Read-a-Thon folders come home! Reading logs, Fern’s Farmyard challenge cards, and other RAT materials are in this folder. Students will keep all things RAT related (reading logs, challenge board, etc.) in this folder and it should travel back and forth between home and school.
Friday, February 24th – Wednesday, March 8th:
- READ, READ, READ! During breakfast, in the car, outside, under the covers!
- Tally your reading on the Some Reader reading logs. Parents need to initial each reading log entry.
- Work on your Fern’s Farmyard challenge board. A few of these challenges will be completed during
- class library time.
Friday, March 3rd:
- Pajama Day! Wear your pajamas to school for a day of cozy reading!
Wednesday, March 8th:
- Read-A-Thon ends at 3:00 PM
- Return logs to your child’s teacher by 3:00 PM
Friday, March 10th:
- CELEBRATION DAY – Favorite Book Character Dress-Up Day!
- Students who achieve the 75 book and 1,000 minute challenge will be recognized during morning announcements and receive a certificate, medal, and a ticket to Wilbur’s County Fair Party.
Spring Auction – March 4th – TICKET PURCHASE DEADLINE TONIGHT
Coffee and Conversations in the Cafe with Erin O’Hara Block – February 24th
Bring your travel mug of coffee to the morning drop-off line and stay to mingle with our MNPS School Board Representative, Erin Block, and Percy Priest parents on Friday, February 24th. We’ll be in the Cafe from 8:00-9:00. Join us for all of part of the hour!
Yearbook – February 26th order deadline
Order your yearbook today! Order your PPE 2022-2023 yearbook ($25) here. Yearbooks will be delivered at the end of the school year.
Chipotle Night Out – February 28th
Math Night – March 23rd
Kindergarten Registration for the 2023-24 school year will kick off on Monday, January 30th. If you or someone you know has an incoming kindergartner, please encourage them to complete registration as early as possible. For information regarding enrollment requirements, please visit https://earlylearning.mnps.org/kindergarten.
Kindergarten Readiness Camp: July 18-19
Calling all Rising Kindergarten girls and boys for 2023-2024 school year. Save the Date for July 18-19 for our Kindergarten Readiness Camp. Join Miss Murray Benson & Mrs. Bitsi Condra to get a “Sneak Peek” at a day in the life of a kindergartner! Your child will have the opportunity to meet new friends, engage in hands-on learning experiences, Tour the school, playground, visit ‘kinder’ classrooms, and so much more! Registration HERE!
Green Tip from the PPE Green Team
Don’t idle in the pick-up line! Turn off the car and open your windows. Letting your car idle is detrimental to the modern automotive engine, wastes gasoline, and causes environmental damage. Exhaust from idling vehicles can pose health risks, such as lung and respiratory problems, asthma and allergies. Carbon dioxide emissions from exhaust also contribute to climate change. For an even greener option, send your kids on the bus and save the trip altogether.
Come Have Lunch!
Parents, grandparents and special friends are welcome to eat lunch with students! To help us with space and accommodating guests, we ask that visitors sign-up to come eat lunch using the bookings link below. Please be sure to select the correct grade level and teacher. When signing-up, we also ask that you only sign-up for one day at this time. Thank you for your help and we hope to see you for lunch soon. Sign up to come eat lunch with your student! Menus can be viewed on the Meal View App or here.
We need your help to make this spring the best yet at Percy Priest! Dedicated and engaged parents are a key ingredient to making our school the great school that it is. There are big and small volunteer opportunities throughout the year. Please check out our volunteer form and let us know what things interest you. We’ll be in touch with more information.
If you have questions of any kind, please contact us at email@example.com. Thank you!
Small Fundraisers Spotlight
For a list of all of our ongoing small fundraisers, please visit our Small Fundraisers webpage.
Box Tops 4 Education will donate $0.10 per label to the Percy Priest Elementary PTO for each qualifying box top that is turned in. To participate, download the “Box Tops for Education” app and then simply scan your receipt and the app will identify any box tops you may have purchased. These will automatically go towards our school’s total.
Earn additional money for the PTO by shopping online at the Box Tops Marketplace, with over 70 participating vendors, including Lands’ End, Target, Gap, and Pottery Barn. See the Box Tops website for details.
If you shop for groceries online or have e-receipts, you can now submit your email receipts from select retailers to earn Box Tops for your School. Visit the app or website for more details and to see a full list of participating retailers.
How to Stay Connected
Add PPE happenings to your calendar automatically!
You can subscribe to our PTO calendar and have all of our events show up on your calendar, so you never lose track of important dates! Following the links below will prompt you to subscribe to the calendar via your preferred calendar app. Any time the PTO updates an event through the website, it will update on the calendar of all subscribers (how often your calendar pulls updated info will be based on your individual personal settings – every 5 minutes, 1 hour, 1 week, etc).
For Calendar Apps (apple calendar etc), go to: webcal://www.percypriest.org/?post_type=tribe_events&ical=1&eventDisplay=list