Ask your 2nd Grader:
- What is a cycle? How does the Sky Tree text show the cycle of seasons?
- Why is revision important?
- When using a number line to add, which direction do you move on the number line? Why?
- When using a number line to subtract, which direction do you move on the number line? Why?
- On what continent do we live? What other countries are in North America?
- What is a border? What countries share a border with the United States? What borders the United States on the east and west?
What 2nd Graders Are Learning Next Week:
ELA (English Language Arts):
- Wit and Wisdom Module 1: A Season of Change
- Essential Question: How does change impact people and nature?
- Learning Goals:
- Synthesize evidence from two texts in an informative paragraph about how changes in fall impact plants and animals.
- Revise and publish an informative paragraph about how changes in fall impact plants or animals.
- Describe knowledge and skills gained from studying module texts.
- Demonstrate understanding of module vocabulary by analyzing correct and incorrect use in context.
- Tennessee Foundational Skills:
- /oe/ (long o) sound spelled o_e, o, oe, oa
- Decode two-syllable words with tricky o spelling
- Noun review
- Ask and answer questions about stories in the student reader.
- Compare Numbers to 1,000
Social Studies/Science (We will rotate between science and social studies every two weeks.):
- Maps and Globes
- Physical and Political Maps
- Second Grade Harvest Parties will be on October 31st from 1:45-2:40. We would love to have parents join us for the Harvest Party. Unfortunately, we do not have the space to accommodate younger siblings, so this is a parents only event.
Dates to Remember:
- Report Cards Issued: October 24th
- Parent Teacher Conferences: October 27th
- Harvest Party: October 31st