Ask your 2nd Grader:
– What are some of the spellings for the /oe/ sound (the long o sound)?
– How many centimeters are in a meter?
– Which words in the following sentence are nouns? The old oak tree in the park has red leaves.
– Which American symbol was a gift from France?
– Why is it important to include a conclusion in an informative paragraph?
What 2nd Graders Are Learning Next Week:
ELA (English Language Arts):
– Wit and Wisdom Module 1: A Season of Change
Essential Question: How does change impact people and nature?
– Synthesize evidence from two texts in an informative paragraph about how changes in fall impact plants or animals.
– Revise and publish an informative paragraph about how changes in fall impact plants or animals.
– Describe knowledge and skills gained from studying module texts.
Tennessee Foundational Skills:
– The /ie/ sound and its spellings (i_e, ie, i)
– Common and proper nouns
Measurement and Line Plots
United States Constitution
Dates to Remember:
– Harvest Party (Only room parents will be able to attend.): October 31st
– Grandparents Day (2nd-4th Grades): November 4th
– Book Fair: October 31st-November 4th (see information below from Ms. Stuart)
– Class Picture Day and Picture Retakes: November 9th
– No School: November 8th and November 11th
– Navigator Day: November 10th
PPE Scholastic Book Fair (October 31st-Nov. 4th)
It’s BACK! Our Scholastic Book Fair will take place in the library from Monday October 31st thru Friday, November 4th. It will be open for families to shop on Wednesday evening from 5:30-7:30 .
We’re encouraging families to use the Scholastic Book Fair eWallet. The eWallet is a safe and secure alternative to cash. You can create a free account and add funds that will allow your child to select books. When they come to the fair, we’ll look up their eWallet. The eWallet is a great alternative to cash.
Visit our Book Fair homepage to learn more and get started with eWallet and online shopping: https://bookfairs.scholastic.com/bf/percypriestelemschool
Students can bring their Grandparents’ and Special Friends to shop the Book Fair when they visit PPE on Thursday, November 3rd and Friday, November 4th.
If you can’t make it to the Fair, then shop at our school’s Online Book Fair. All orders ship directly to your home, and shipping is free for book orders over $25. Your online orders will benefit our school as well.
Thank-you for your help with this year’s Book Fair! Don’t hesitate to email Miss Stuart with further questions. email@example.com