Ask your 2nd Grader:
– Which measuring tool would you use to measure the distance around a globe?
– Which measuring tool would you use to measure the length of a pencil?
– What is a plural noun? How do you make a word that ends in ‘sh’ plural?
– What are the parts of an informative paragraph?
– Why does each state need its own constitution?
What 2nd Graders Are Learning Next Week:
ELA (English Language Arts):
– Wit and Wisdom Module 2: The American West
Essential Question: What was life like in the West for early Americans?
-Ask and answer questions about The Buffalo Are Back and “Buffalo Dusk”.
-Use a known root word as a clue to the meaning of unknown words with the same root.
– Understand and retell main topics and key events described in The Buffalo Are Back.
– Understand and use topic-specific words and phrases in informative writing.
– Distinguish shades of meaning among related verbs.
– Describe the relationships between people, plants, and animals in The Buffalo Are Back.
Tennessee Foundational Skills:
– The /ue/ sound and its spellings (u_e, ue, u)
– Plural Nouns
– Synonyms and Antonyms
– Addition and Subtraction on the Number Line
– Government Branches
Dates to Remember:
– Progress Reports Issued: November 15th
– Thanksgiving Break: November 23rd-25th