Ask your 2nd Grader:
– What are some of the spellings for the /ie/ sound (the long i sound)?
– How many inches are in a foot? What is 3 feet in inches?
– What is a common noun? What is a proper noun? What are some examples of proper nouns?
– What is the Bill of Rights?
– How do changes in weather impact plants or animals in fall?
What 2nd Graders Are Learning Next Week:
ELA (English Language Arts):
Wit and Wisdom Module 1: A Season of Change
Essential Question: How does change impact people and nature?
– Synthesize evidence from two texts in an informative paragraph about how changes in fall impact plants or animals.
– Revise and publish an informative paragraph about how changes in fall impact plants or animals.
– Describe knowledge and skills gained from studying module texts.
Tennessee Foundational Skills:
– Review Week – no spelling words due to the short week
Measurement and Line Plots
Dates to Remember:
– Class Picture Day and Picture Retakes: November 9th
– No School: November 8th and November 11th
– Navigator Day: November 10th
– Progress Reports Issued: November 15th
– Thanksgiving Break: November 23rd-25th