2nd Grade News: 12/9
Ask your 2nd Grader:
- What do you know about the Plains Indians?
- What is an irregular plural noun? What are some examples of irregular plural nouns?
- How do you represent a subtraction equation on a number line? How do you represent an addition equation on a number line?
- How old do you have to be to vote in the United States?
What 2nd Graders Are Learning Next Week:
ELA (English Language Arts):
- Wit and Wisdom Module 2: The American West
- Essential Question: What was life like in the West for early Americans?
- Learning Goals:
- Explain what life was like for Plains Indians while practicing how to vary inflection in discussions.
- Express understanding of content knowledge and new skills, citing evidence from Plains Indians.
- Pull from a variety of strategies (context clues, root words, and glossary) to build an understanding of the academic and content word reservation.
- Tennessee Foundational Skills:
- Review (There will be no spelling words this week.)
- Addition and Subtraction on the Number Line
- United States Citizenship
- There will not be homework or spelling words next week. Of course, we encourage students to read for at least 15-20 minutes per day. This is a great time to pull out those holiday books or check some out at the library and spend time reading with your child.
- We will celebrate the end of first semester, the holidays, and winter break with pajamas and a movie on the half day, December 16th. Room parents will send information about food items needed. Please drop off items at the office or send them to school with your child.
- Field trips are back! Our first field trip is scheduled for Friday, February 24th. We will see Acoustic Rooster’s Barnyard Boogie at TPAC.
Dates to Remember:
- Half Day of School (Pajama and Movie Day): December 16th
- Winter Break: December 19th-January 6th