Skills for December 12-16:
ELA: Outer Space
Central Text: Moonshot
Students learn about the courage and joy of the Apollo 11 astronauts through two accounts of the famous mission: One Giant Step and Moonshot.
- Collect evidence to write an introduction paragraph for an opinion essay.
- Revise an introduction paragraph.
- Ask and answer questions about a new text.
- Analyze how to support an opinion with reasons in an opinion paragraph.
Math: Relating Multiplication and Division
- Understanding the different properties of multiplication: Identity, Zero. Distributive, Associative, Commutative
- Solve two-step word problems using addition, subtraction, and multiplication
- Traits in space
- Building a landing capsule
Have a great weekend and a wonderful holiday break!
The 3rd Grade Team