Ask your 2nd Grader:
– How many minutes are in ½ of an hour?
– How many minutes are in ¼ of an hour?
– What does the word injustice mean?
– What is an example of an injustice you’ve learned about in the new ELA module?
– Is hammering a nail into wood a push or a pull?
– What is a force that slows down moving things?
What 2nd Graders Are Learning Next Week:
ELA (English Language Arts):
– Wit and Wisdom Module 3: Civil Rights Heroes
– Essential Question: How can people respond to injustice?
– Identify the main topic of sections of an informational text.
– Generate examples of civil rights in order to understand the importance of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
– Make connections among a series of historical events in the text.
– Examine what a text and video have to say about the same topic: injustices people faced before the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
– Compare two important points presented by two texts on the same topic.
– Demonstrate an understanding of word relationships by categorizing words related to integration and segregation.
– Describe how repeated language conveys meaning in a song.
– Determine the essential meaning of an informational text by looking closely at historical photographs.
– Write an informative paragraph using evidence from two sources.
– Explain the purpose of adverbs and identify what they modify.
Tennessee Foundational Skills:
– schwa sound
– Present and past tense verbs
– Alphabetical order
– Geometry, Time and Money
– Telling Time
– Animal Life Cycles and Survival
– Imports and Exports
Dates to Remember:
– Report Cards Issued: March 28th
– Navigator Day: April 5th
– No School: April 6th and 7th
Payment is being collected for the remaining 2nd grade field trips. The cost is $18. At your earliest convenience, please go to www.schoolcashonline.com to pay for your child.