2nd Grade News: 3/3
Ask your 2nd Grader:
– What is the difference between the legendary character, Johnny Appleseed, and the real-life pioneers?
– What is the difference between the legendary character, John Henry, and the real-life pioneers?
– What was the most interesting thing you learned about early Americans’ lives in the west?
– Would you rather have ½ of a cookie or ¼ of a cookie?
– Would you rather have ¼ of a brownie or ⅓ of a brownie?
– What are collective nouns? What do you call a group of fish?
What 2nd Graders Are Learning Next Week:
ELA (English Language Arts):
– Wit and Wisdom Module 3: Civil Rights Heroes
– Essential Question: How can people respond to injustice?
– Ask questions and make observations about a text.
– Make observations about how a historical photograph connects to the text.
– Ask and answer questions about a text using a variety of question words.
– Use sentence-level context to determine the meaning of the words protest and refuse.
– Explore the meaning of the word injustice, formed when a known prefix is added to a known word.
Tennessee Foundational Skills:
– Review Week
– No spelling words
Geometry, Time and Money
Forces and Interactions
Dates to Remember:
– Read-a-thon: Friday, February 24th – Wednesday, March 8th
– Book Character Dress Up Day: Friday, March 10th
– Half Day of School: Friday, March 10th
– Spring Break: March 13th-17th
Payment is being collected for the remaining 2nd grade field trips. At your earliest convenience, please follow the instructions below to make the payment.
1. Go to www.schoolcashonline.com and click “Register”.
2. Once registered, you will be able to add your students (If you have other children at PPE, go ahead and add them during this step for future payments.)
In order to add a student, the first question is: “Type in the School Board name”: select Metro Nashville Public Schools from the list.
3. Fill in the rest of the boxes with your children’s information.
4. Once your children have been added, you will see “Items” listed across the top. When you click, you should see your children’s names and what field trips are available for payment.
5. Choose your 2nd grade child and make the payment at your earliest convenience. Please email email@example.com if you have any problems.