Ask your 2nd Grader:
● What causes leaves to change color?
● What is chlorophyll?
● What do you know about quotation marks?
● Can you explain even and odd numbers?
● In what place do you look to know if a number is even or odd?
● Can you skip count by fives starting at 63? What is the place value pattern?
● What are the layers of soil?
● What is humus?
What 2nd Graders Are Learning Next Week:
ELA (English Language Arts):
● Wit and Wisdom Module 1: A Season of Change
○ Essential Question: How does change impact people and nature?
○ Learning Goals:
■ Use key terms to identify the change process in leaves.
■ Determine connections between key terms and topics.
■ Identify the connections between texts and module learning.
■ Combine simple sentences using conjunctions to explain key concepts from an informational text.
■ With support, draft a conclusion.
■ Draft and rehearse an informative paragraph.
■ Publish an informative paragraph about the impact of weather on trees in fall.
■ Revise a sample paragraph by inserting missing sentences.
■ Analyze multiple-choice questions to choose the correct definition for survive and usually.
■ Select the best definition of multiple-meaning words.
● Tennessee Foundational Skills:
○ r-controlled vowels
○ Quotation Marks
○ Ask and answer questions about key details in our student reader ○ Antonyms
● Numbers on a Number Line
Social Studies/Science (We will rotate between science and social studies every two weeks.):
○ Earth’s natural processes (erosion, weathering)
● Due to the short week and fall break, we will not assign a homework packet this week (October 2nd-6th).
● Students are encouraged to wear their field trip t-shirts on Wednesday, October 4th for Navigator Day.
Dates to Remember:
● Navigator Day – Wednesday, October 4th
● No School for Students – Friday, October 6th
● Fall Break: October 9th-13th