4th Grade News: 10/21
Happy Friday, Families!
It’s been a great first week of the second quarter. While it may have been tough getting up on darker, chillier mornings, your children have come in with the right mindset and energy to do great things! We are so excited that our house t-shirts have arrived and cannot wait to see everyone rocking their colors. A huge thank you to our amazing parents who have worked on the design and ordering process—we appreciate you so much! The second quarter is full of excitement with holidays and school events, so buckle up and see below for important reminders and information on the week(s) ahead.
– Monday, October 24: PPE Science Night (more info on PTO’s messaging)
– Tuesday, October 25: Report Cards sent home
– Friday, October 28: Parent & Teacher Conference Day (no school for students)
– Monday, October 31: Halloween
– Monday, October 31-November 4: Scholastic Book Fair
– Wednesday, November 2: PTO Literacy Night
– Friday, November 4: Grand Friends’ Day (10:00-11:00)
– Tuesday, November 8: Teacher Inservice Day (no school for students)
– Thursday, November 10: Navigator Day/House Spirit Day
– Friday, November 11: Veterans Day (no school for students)
What 4th Graders Are Learning Next Week:
ELA (English & Language Arts):
Wit and Wisdom Module 1:
– Essential Question- What does it mean to have a great heart, literally and figuratively?
– Focusing Question- How do the characters in Love That Dog show characteristics of a great heart? (core text: Love That Dog)
– Weekly Language Review: New Skill: Progressive Verb Tense; Ordering Adjectives (Quiz Thursday, 10/27)
– Intermediate Foundational Skills: Words with Inflectional Ending (-ing) requiring no change, e drop, and doubling the final consonant; Review and Practice Prefix en- (“in” or “to make”)
– ELA Homework- passed out on Monday, due Thursday or Monday, 10/31/22 due to no school on Friday, 10/28.
– Studies Weekly 11: “Our Constitution” (Test on Thursday, 10/27). Completed Study Guides due on Thursday, 10/27.
-Unit 4: Place Value Relationships (Comparing and Ordering Numbers, Comparing the value of digits within numbers)
*Homework sent home Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
*Please continue practicing 1-digit multiplication facts!
-Earth Science (Weathering and Erosion)
- Mystery Science: Erosion, Natural Hazards, and Engineering–How could you survive a landslide?
We already look forward to the week ahead with these amazing 4th graders. Have a fantastic weekend!
The Fourth Grade Team- Grace, Kate, Emily, and Jessica