Ask your 2nd Grader:
– How do you write a sentence containing dialogue?
– How does fall impact plants?
– What do you know about measurement?
– Can you solve 76-37?
– Who wrote the “Star-Spangled Banner”?
What 2nd Graders Are Learning Next Week:
– ELA (English Language Arts):
– Wit and Wisdom Module 1: A Season of Change
– Essential Question: How does change impact people and nature?
– Evaluate words, illustrations and text structure.
– Determine the central message.
– Plan and draft an informative paragraph.
– Demonstrate an understanding of module vocabulary by analyzing correct and incorrect use in context.
– Synthesize evidence from two texts in a verbal paragraph about how changes in fall impact people.
Tennessee Foundational Skills:
– The /oe/ sound and its spellings (o_e, oa, oe, o)
– Identify nouns in a sentence
– Measurement and Line Plots
– United States Symbols
Dates to Remember:
– Report Cards Issued: October 25th
– Parent Teacher Conferences: October 28th
– Harvest Party (Only room parents will be able to attend.): October 31st