Happy Friday, Families!
Please see below for important reminders and information on the week ahead.
PPE House Shirts! DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 29!
We are so excited to announce that 4th graders will have PPE House Shirts to order! The deadline is coming up soon, so please don’t delay! Complete the House T-Shirt Order Form to reserve a shirt for your child. You will need to know their house name, so please ask your child if you are unsure.
Quarter One will wrap up next Thursday, October 6th! Please make sure you have checked grades in Schoology and/or Infinite Campus to see if there are any missing assignments that need to be completed before that day. Please contact us if you have any questions. Retakes will continue until the 6th!
What 4th Graders Are Learning Next Week:
ELA (English & Language Arts):
Wit and Wisdom Module 1:
- Essential Question-What does it mean to have a great heart, literally and figuratively?
- Focusing Question- What is a great heart, literally (core text: The Circulatory Story)
- Weekly Language Review: New Skill: synonyms and antonyms (spiral review quiz Friday, 9/30/22)
- Intermediate Foundational Skills: practice words with the inflectional ending Beginning of the Year Assessments
- ELA Homework- passed out on Monday, due Friday
- We will take the MNPS ELA Benchmark Assessment on Thursday at 8:30 A.M. Please make every effort to be at school and to arrive on time.
Studies Weekly 8: “The American Revolution, Part 1” (test Friday, 9/30/22). Please use Study Guides and highlighted newspapers (completed in class) to prepare for the test! Students will turn in their completed Study Guides on Friday and are allowed and encouraged to use their newspapers during the test.
-Unit 3: Extending Operations to Fractions (Focus on Adding and Subtracting Fractions and Mixed Numbers)
4.NF.B.3 Understand a fraction a/b as a sum of fractions 1/b.
4.NF.B.3.a Understand addition and subtraction of fractions as joining and separating parts referring to the same whole.
4.NF.B.3.c. Add and subtract mixed numbers with like denominators by replacing each mixed number with an equivalent fraction and/or by using properties of operations and the relationship between addition and subtraction.
4.NF.B.3.d Solve word problems involving addition and subtraction of fractions referring to the same whole and having like denominators, e.g., by using visual fraction models and equations to represent the problem.
*Homework sent home Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
*Weekly Quiz on Thursday
-Space Science (Constellations, Planets, and Solar System)
- Mystery Science: “What are the Wandering Stars?”
- Constellation Lesson with Ms. Stuart
We already look forward to the week ahead with these amazing 4th graders. Have a fantastic weekend!
The Fourth Grade Team- Grace, Kate, Emily, and Jessica