Skills for September 26-30:
ELA: The Sea
Students gain basic information about the dangers of sharks and learn to identify a main idea and supporting details in a chapter, using the text and important features such as photographs, illustrations, a map, and captions to gain information about a topic.
Central Text: Shark Attack! By Cathy East Dubowski/Giant Squid: Searching for a Sea Monster by Mary Cerullo
- Use text features including photographs, to locate and use information efficiently.
- Take brief notes and sort evidence into categories.
- Identify real-life connections between words about ocean food chains and their use.
- Identify the main idea in a passage of Shark Attack.
- Identify real-life connections between words and their use.
- Area of complex shapes
Social Studies: Famous Natural Features of the World
- 3.04 Examine major political features on globes and maps.
- 3.13 Explain how geographic challenges are met with bridges, canals, dams, freshwater supply, irrigation systems,
Have a great weekend! The 3rd Grade Team